Financial Aid Application Guidance

The Financial Aid Office at PTSA is here to assist students with completing their financial aid package. Our hours for drop-in are:

Monday – Thursday 9am-4pm

If you need help linking to the IRS though the FAFSA :

  1. Go to WWW. FAFSA.GOV.
  2. Enter your log in information
  3. Click the “Make a Correction” link.
  4. Go to the “Financial Information” tab. Here you will be givenn the option to link you tax return to your FAFSA. Click “View Option to link to ethe IRS”.
  5. Click the :”link to IRS” box.
  6. Verify the information that is already entered and enter the information as it appears on your tax return. You may then submit.
  7. Click the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FASA” box and click the “Transfer Now’ button.
  8. Review the information that was transferred into your FARFSA.
  9. Sign and submit FAFSA.

If you need help ordering a tax return transcript:

  1. Go to WWW. IRS.GOV
  2. Look for the section labeled “Tools”. Within that section click the link “Order a return or account transcript”.
  3. This page explains the steps for obtaining a tax return transcript and informs you that it will be mailed within approximately 5-10 business days. In step 3, click the link “Order a Transcript”.
  4. You will need to provide your social security number, date of birth, street address and zip code etc. Be sure to use the exact street address that was used on your tax return.
  5. Be sure to select TAX Transcript and the appropriate year of the tax return requested.
  6. The last page will inform you as to whether or not your request was processedl You will also be provided with a a phone number to contact the IRS if needed.
  7. Order over the Phone
  • Call 1‐800‐829‐1040
  • When prompted, press “2”
  • When prompted, press “1”
  • When prompted, press “2”
  • You will be asked to enter your social security number and to verify your  address
  • When  prompted,  press  “2”  to  receive  Tax  Transcript.  Enter  in  the  appropriate year for the transcript requested.
  • You will get confirmation if the request was processed properly, and  press “3” to end call.


If your financial situation has changed due to unemployment or death of a family member, please contact the Financial Aid office for instructions.

Often students ask why they are required to provide parent information though the student lives on his/her own. Federal regulations require students to provide parent information unless they meet any of the following criteria.

  • They are at least 24 years of age
  • They have children whom they financially support more than 50%
  • They are a member of the Military or Veteran
  • They are married
  • They are documented homeless
  • They were a Ward of the Court, Foster Child, in a Legal Guardianship or Legally Emancipated Minor before the age of 18
  • They are an orphan

If you have a special situation that may justify a dependency override, please schedule an appointment with the Director of Financial Aid, Sunny Kim.

tel.number : 562-926-1023 (ext.302),